Friday, December 16, 2005

Jo2 attacked by Roseola

Poor little Jo2 got fever on last Friday. The highest temperature was 39.6 C which scared me, and I have to rushed him to the hospital. We were advise to stay in hospital for observation which I don't like.

Stay in the ward for 2 days, the fever didn't come down. Blood and urine test shows that it's viral, and not "Denggi" which I suspect. On Sunday, I insist that I want to discharge and take care of Jo2 at home b'coz I hate the poor service there. Yet, the paed is heading to S'pore for meeting while another paed will be on duty.

On Monday only rashes pop out around the face and later spread until the body and legs. Then only I realised that it's Roseola infection and I didn't rushed him to see paed since I have experienced when Jo1 was about this age. Anyway, today is the 3rd day, and the rashes is supposed to be all gone.

For more info on Roseola, visit http://www.medicinenet.com/roseola/article.htm

1 comment:

Egghead said...

is a scare alright!
my son almost drove me to insanity when he had that a few months back!

speedy recovery to Jo2!