Thursday, April 05, 2007

Maid working permit renewal

My maid working permit is going to expire this month. So, it's the once a year time when I have to work for the person who work (taking care of Jo2 & house chores ) for "ME" when I am at work. Kristiani is the 3 rd maid I hired ever since Jo1 is born, the first 2 never gave me any problem except this time.....note that b'coz of there are minor changes in the procedure.

  1. Bank in cash RM190 into Fomema acct.
  2. Personally go to Fomema, to show them the bank in slip of RM190 & maid's passport(the good news is that they don't ask for passport size photo anymore), chose the clinic for medical check up & X-ray. Then only they print out a form where will have to bring it to the clinic later.
  3. Call up the clinic to check & make appointment. Went there 2 times.Why???......will blog about it. Check w/ Fomema to make sure that the result is OK before proceed to Immigration Office for renewal.
  4. New rules: open a saving account with the amount of maid's monthly salary up to date. Went to bank 3 times.....Why? Will blog about it.
  5. Finally, the result is out. Went to the Immigration in Seberang Jaya on a bright sunny Friday afternoon. (Bring along photocopy of employer's IC, bank passbook, bank draft RM445 as renewal fees, maid's passport & medical chit w/ doc signature) Waited about 2 hours to get the permit done.....After all, I picked the wrong day, b'coz their working hour is 2:45 - 4PM on Friday. Moreover, the numbering machine is out of order, and a long queue.
  6. Reached Penang bridge around 5:30, caught in traffic jam..........grrrrrhhhhh

5 comments:

Suzette said...

Oh gosh! I read your post then only remember I completely forgot about my maid's permit already! Okay, I sent to the agency a month ago (they requested 2 months but I forgot), and then completely forgot to follow up. I didn't know about the new rules, I didn't give the agency the bank account, hopefully it doesn't cost me any penalty (of time/$$). You do it yourself huh... I don't think I can spend the time ler...

jazzmint said...

wah wah..u DIY!! keng!! Like suzette, I won't have time, ask the agency kow tim. I also just did mine this week..done oredi hehe

mama2jojo said...

Suzette & jazzmint: I have to pay another RM120 if I ask my agent to do the renewal.

Suzette said...

Ya, RM120 is not cheap. But then, think of the petrol cost, and your time cost? How many mileages did you clock in? RM120 is around $30, maybe can earn back by writing a few more PPP posts? :P
Na, just kidding. You know what suits you best. I think my agency's fee is not that much, but forgot liao!

ZMM said...

Bank in cash to Fomema? I used to buy a bank draft.. has that changed?

And do you need to show passbook of bank now? B'cos it didn't use to? This change too?