Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Terrible experience (part1) @ bank

On my way home 4 lunch....
I walked into this bank (w/ tiger head logo), to check w/ the receptionist what are the procedures to open a saving account for my maid as required.( I heard that have to make appointment 1 week ahead)

Me: I want to open a "joint account," my maid & I.
Rep: No, no, no. Maid cannot open joint account. We only allowed joint account if u have relationship w/ that person.
Me: But my sis opened a joint acct w/ her maid in xxx branch (same bank).
Rep: We had many customers came to open acct for their maid, the officer in other branch probably don't know this rule.
Me: ok. So, no need to make appoint-la?
Rep: No, go straight to counter 1. Just fill up this form & yr maid must come & her passport.
Me: TQ.

Arrived home, asked my maid to go & change, told her that I wanted to take her out.
At the bank.....I handed over my application form to counter 1
(Note: Original conversation in Malay)
Teller: Is yr maid here?
Me: Yes.
Teller: Ask her to sign here (pointing at the bottom of the application form)
Teller: How much u want to bank in?
Me: RMxxx, (passed the money to her)
Teller: OK. That's it. Come & collect yr passbook 2morrow, she has to come also.
Me: Ahhhh!!! But, juz now the lady there told me she has to come, now she is here whatever she need to sign let her sign now-la.
Teller: Cannot. There is 1 computer generated form that she needs to sign. I can only print out the form after I key in her particulars.
Me: Then u print it now & let her sign
Teller: U have to wait 2 hours.....want to wait? I have a few applicants b4 u.
Me: Is there anything u can do so that I don't have to come 2 trips juz to open an account?
Teller: Why? Bring her here again-la....
Me: Cannot-la....please-la.....She has to take care of my
, and I have to arrange someone else to look after my "BABY" if she is out (actually I make this up hopefully she can tolerant)
Teller: Bring yr baby here as well-la.....
Me: ok-la......LOL

Juz cannot understand....They think going to bank is so much fun that we bring all the family?? Time is a problem, parking is another problem. Is that call "efficient?"
Anyway, they called me up told me that the passbook is ready @ 3pm (exactly 2 hours) and asked for employer's name......Why-le???? As they said: I don't have relationship w/ her, no joint acct allowed" Why they need my name now???

1 comment:

Angeleyes said...

I already black-list this bank! The worst bank ever in Bolehland's history!

Their service really sucks big time not to mention their Q is like a train all the time and some stupid establishment must send us to this bank... *sigh*