Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Play school - Week 1

I enrolled Jo2 to a play school which started on Monday (2/7/07). I told him that he is going to school tomorrow since he is a big boy now. Yes, nowadays he gets angry when mommy called him "baby," so I use this as an excuse that only "baby" stay at home......big boy goes to school.

Day 1 (2/07/07)

He woke up early, asked for milk. After he finished his milk, I bathe and changed for him. He looked happy with a smilling face. I left home @ 8:45am, reached there b4 9. Everthing went smoothly until he saw the teacher face. Unexpected, he cried out so loud that I can hear it from outside after the teacher carried him inside the class. I stayed there for about 20 minutes, and left for work after he settled down. Back home, he told me that teacher is "scary," ppl (friends) all go home. From my understanding, I think he meant he is afraid of the teachers since both Teacher Grace and Teacher Somshai are Indian.


Day 2 (3/07/07)

After changed, he told me that he is ready to go "kai-kai," and I told him that :"No, we are going to school." He refused to go down from the car when I reached there, so I have to carry him into the class. He cried for a while, few minutes later he was o.k then. Back home, he told me that :"kakak sayang me." (Maid at the school loves me) b'coz she bathe for me and told me that she "sayang" me if I don't cry. At night, Jo2 popped out new word - "HOW" followed by the "WHY" that I blog about.


Day 3 (4/07/07)

On the way to school, he told me that he is sleepy and want to go home and sleep. (showed me the tired face, pretend to yawn). I dropped him, gave him a goodbye kiss, Teacher Linda came to carry him to class. I parked my car, and stayed there for a while b4 I left for office. At 10:30AM, Linda (school principal) called me and informed me that my little boy is getting adapted to the new environment as compared to the first days. He even asked a boy, who is also a new comer not to cry.......I laughed when she told me that Jo2 talked like "uncle," he warned other classmates not to run in the class, if not they will fall down and "pain-pain," pointing at the blue black spot he has on his leg.

Day 4 (5/07/07)
Papa2jojo offered to take Jo2 to school so that I wouldn't be late for work. Too bad, things screw up b'coz Jo2 knows papa2jojo's weak point. He wanted him to stay there, waiting for him outside the classroom. He ran out from the classroom whenever he wanted to see papa2jojo, and other kids also followed him. At about 12:30PM, I received a call from the principal, we chat and talked for a while, and the conclusion is : I will drop my son to school by myself tomorrow.......

Day 5 (6/07/07)
On the way to school, I told Jo2 that he is not a baby anymore, so when we reached school, he has to say "thank you mommoy & bye-bye mommy," and walked to the class on his own. Reached school at about 8:15AM, and he kept saying wanted me to follow him. The principal carried him down from the car and tried to calm him down. By the time I parked my car, I saw Jo2 was sitting on Linda's lap and others standing around her singing "I Love U" song, which is his favorite Barney's theme song. So, left after they finished the song.

The first week was not easy, hopefully he can cope with it by next week. The good sign is Jo2 has slightly pick up the habit of reading. He begged me to read for him b4 bedtime on Saturday which is a rare thing since he never like books. The bad news is Jo2 lose the battle, he is down with cough & flu on Saturday morning.

4 comments:

jazzmint said...

oh good that he likes school :)

mom2ashley said...

my ashley has also started going to playschool but lately she hasnt been going cause she hasn't been well..

Angeleyes said...

Oh dear... the place must be unhygenic since ur boy can catch the flu bugs so soon....

Anyway, hope he will get used to the new environment...

Now I am wondering if I should send Darrius to the play school for a test run... he's too lonely staying at home with only me as his play mate but my hubby is worried about him catching all the bugs... His immune systems dropped sine I stopped bf him.

mama2jojo said...

jazzmint:
Hope so.

mom2ashley & angeleyes:
Home is the best place for kids. I initial plan is to enroll him to school end of this year, juz the fear of getting sick.