Thursday, October 13, 2005

Good news VS bad news

I have news that I wanted to share in this blog, I think will go with the bad news first so that those who read my bloc will leave with a happy mood.

Bad news:
1. My BIL#2's sister is undergo treatment for cancer in her uterus, but still no improvement. She is only 36 years old and just gov birth to a son last year (3 weeks after Jo2 is born)

2. My BIL#3's sister just found out she has breast cancer(2nd stage). She is in her early 40's and still single. She is going to look for 2nd opinion in KL before decide to remove 1 side of her breast as told by doc.

Good news:
1. My husband's brother is expecting a baby boy (it's his 2nd baby, the first one is a girl)

3 comments:

jazzmint said...

sorry to hear bout the bad news..wishing both of them speedy recovery after surgery

Egghead said...

I am very sad that people (especially women) in Malaysia are not given enough health education as they need.

Sigh!

In Taiwan, I think there is a law to make woman to go for scan (pap smear) every six months or one year to make sure they can detect breast and uterus cancer as early as possible.

Backn in Malaysia, our National Cancer Registry has came up with a report for 2003 on Cancer.

Check this out:
http://www.crc.gov.my/ncr/documents/NCR_2nd_Report/Chapter1.pdf

If you check out the charts on Page 3, you will see that Breast and Uterus cancer are the most common cancer among woman.

So I urge all woman to go for scan at least once a year.

p/s: happy to hear about another pregnancy :)

Egghead said...

sorry... the link to the report is here