Thursday, October 06, 2005

Jo2 got food poisoning

On Saturday(1/10/05) morning Jo2 started to show a sign of food poisoining after the first milk feed in the morning @ 7am. I am kinda worried but can't stop it, since baby don't have strong immune system, and no control on germs passed into his body.

I brought him to see the paed, the paed informed me that he needed to be hospitalised for observation since he is small and some more with fever. I was mad that I waited for almost 1 hour just sitting and waiting in a PRIVATE HOSPITAL's reception hall for the admission procedures. All the staff were very busy, the hospital is packed with ppl, as I checked in to the 5th floor which is supposed to be children's ward, but they have actually allocate some children patients in 3rd, 5th, and 6th floor. Aiyoyo, the hospital is mostly occupied by children. I went home to pack some stuff @ 1pm, and came to hospital around 2:30pm, according to my maid, nothing has been done to Jo2, no nurse, no doc, just lunch for her.......

At 3pm, the paed asked me to bring Jo2 to treatment room, he needs to set line on him to put him on drip.......poor little Jo2, I heard him cried out like hell...Jo2 felt asleep after the cry and struggle!!!

During the stay in hospital, Jo2 well behaved and coorperate compared to other children. Some unwilling to take medicine, some cry a lot for no reason, just throw tantrum, I guess; some being carry in and out, to be away from their room. I am selfish, I think....I only carry Jo2 out of his room when I saw nobody is walking along the corridor coz I don't have him to catch more germs after mixing around with other kids. Not to mention about the playroom, I don't even bother to walk near that place.

Jo2 discharged on Tuesday(3/10/05), but he still has very soft stools, hope he will recover soon.

2 comments:

Egghead said...

wah... 2 in a row??
check for other symptoms!!
also... you no go in with Jo2 to treatment one meh??

mama2jojo said...

Egghead:
Actually is 3 in a row....
Not encourage to do so, b'cos afraid that the parents cannot tahan and hit the paed.....just to stop him what!!!