Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Run-away maid

My maid has run away from my house on Friday (11/5). She is now very "safe" at the Indonesia Embassy and protected by the officer there. According to the person in charge, she complained that she is over-worked, on the other hand she also complained that she actually prefer to work in a house where there is only 1 maid. She said she can actually finish all the house work by her own and doesn't need any help from other maid. I told her that it's impossible I let her stay in the house with my 2 kids during day time, juz only 3 of them while I am @ work. I have to bring them to my mother's place where my mother is around the house w/ my mother's maid. I visited her yesterday, she is so stubborn and looked different. The Kakak Tini that I know who used to take care, cuddle, hugging & spoiled my Jo2 has now become so different in overnight. I juz don't understand why she did this to me only after she worked with me for 1 year + 16 days. All the while, there is no complain from her. She even said that she is happy working for me, so I know there must be some other reason why she wants to leave, probably it has something to do with the letter that she received exactly 1 week before she ran. Too much work is juz an excuse if working for 4 person (2 adults + 2 kids)
The issue now is: she is now protected, I have to pay her the full salary even though she didn't finish her 2 yr contract w/ me. I think that is not fair to me. It's means employer is not protected, and nobody is bind to the contract, then why we need a 2 yr contract??? Who is going to compensate me for not working from now onwards until I hire a new maid??? What if this is a syndicate where they can transfer her to another employer and earn extra income??? What if they actaully take my maid out to work as a part timer during her stay in the embassy???
Lucky me, Jo2 didn't cry looking for her as I what I worried in the first place since he is so "stick" to her and spend day time with my maid. I actually have no problem handle him and everything is under control and not as bad as I thought. Afterall, I still "ALIVE" even without maid.

6 comments:

Angeleyes said...

Oh dear!!!! Why so many run-away maids lately?????

Poor you to have to pay her in full and yet can't get any replacement help!

Very unfair!!!!

jazzmint said...

wah piang...she's very pandai and so unfair to u lah...stupid policy

Sue said...

Sigh... all the things that go through our head after the maid runs, they're such ungrateful wretches! Anyway... can't we stand our ground and not pay?

mama2jojo said...

angeleyes:
Lucky me my mother is willing to help me for the time being.

jazzmint:
contract is juz a piece of rubbish....in this situation.

sue:
As far as I know, if old maid's matter not resolved that means I can't hire a new replacement.

Mummy Joanne and Daddy Terence said...

wow, nowadays those maid no longer as loyal as before. All will be super smart, all become lying queen or complaining queen

mom2ashley said...

aww man! bloody maids!!! i'm having 2nd thoughts of my maid....