Saturday, September 10, 2005

Gems scam in Bangkok

On 2 June, my family went to Bangkok for a short trip.Upon arrival at the airport, we book a 1-day tour for the next day. After we check-in the Hotel, we decided to take a walk nearby. A few minutes later, we reached World Trade Centre, and a guy approached us told us that we should pay a visit to Lucky Buddha temple today b'coz it's only open once a month. He even find a tuk tuk driver for us. At the temple, we met another guy that claim that he work as a pilot for Thai Airlines (he stays in Phuket). He had conversation with papa2jojo for a while, later he told us that he just bought gems from a wholesale gems store @ a 20% discount off the wholesale price. He gave us the address of the place, we went there, bought some jewelry... ...it's called P. DIANA CUT.

On the next day, as planned we are on a day tour, we visited a few temples. Just for curiousity, we asked our so called private tour guide wonder she heard about "Yindee Lapidary Co. LTD" and she just hint us that don't buy gems that are not under govenment control (Royal).

The next day after we reached Penang, I searched through the Internet for gems scam, and conclude that I am one of the victim of gems scam. Later, papa2jojo took the jewelry set that we bought to our regular goldsmith shop and ask the value of the gems, he told us that the value of the gems worth almost the same of what we paid but the quality of the stones (diamond) and the gems is not "TOP grade."

To all ladies and gentleman out there, the purpose I blog about this is not to show off what / how many jewelry I own, but to give alert to others and don't fall on the same trap as I did.

Merchandise Information:
Yindee Lapidary Co. LTD,
1091/75-77 Petchburi Rd. Soi 33, Makasan Bangkok
10400 Thailand.
Tel: 253-1540-1 Fax: 651-6784

4 comments:

jazzmint said...

waiyaa...u kena the scam huh!! Read bout it in the net, that's why when I went i was so sceptical and careful..but almost kena also..phewww...

mama2jojo said...

jazzmint:
you are lucky then, anyway, I leanred a lesson....

infopackages said...

Hi mama2jojo.

Thanks for your blog!

Your post popped up in the search engines during my search on the latest info on teen parenting . Gems scam in Bangkok took my attention, and although it was not really what I was seaching for, it is great you are helping the community to grow by sharing your thoughts and ideas. I am glad I read it! Thought I would let you know. Keep it up.

Jenny said...

Hi. I would like to share the same experience i have too in BKK and is also the same shop, Yindee!! How i hate this ppl that can get away for so long till. This happen to me only this year on our visit of celebrating our V'day!! Do advise how can i get back my money?