Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Parenting Skills Workshop

Recently I like to attend workshop, seminars especially when they are related to chidren. I sign up for a parenting skills workshop (How to discipline your child) which lasts for 3 consecutive Sundays conducted by 3 professional psychiatric and pediatrician. The whole purpose of this workshop is to learn parenting skills and later we have to spread what we have learned, so I guess "blog" is the best way I share with other parents.
Here are the summary of what I learned last week:

1. Spend time - Spending time with kids is the most important thing of all, whether you play or talk with them. In, fact, toy can stimulate the child's brain to think even just a simple Lego

2. Praise & reward - Praise, praise, praise. Try to find something good about your child instead of criticize.

3. Set limits for discipline

4. Behavior

We watch a very short video clip during the session, and we as the parents will have to notice what is happening in the show and what is the right reaction.

1 comment:

infopackages said...

Hi mama2jojo,

... a sparkle in my eyes ... thanks to Parenting Skills Workshop!
Can I make a comment? Keep going on with your blogging info and thoughts.
It provokes some interesting thought and inspiration during my long lonely search on parenting advice .
Thanks again.